Monday, September 17, 2012

a place to call home

Having a Place to go is Home
Having Someone to Love is Family
Having Both is a Blessing

Laying in bed this morning I had an overwhelming feeling come over me. As I reached over and softly stroked Corts cheek, I once again felt so very blessed.  

Lately, life has been very busy.  Aside from working a lot, we found a beautiful home!  We moved in on the first of September. We have a fully fenced backyard which the dogs absolutely LOVE! We find them outside laying in the grass all the time.  One of our favorite things to do when we get home from work is to sit outside on our back patio steps and admire the stars while we watch the dogs play.  I've really enjoyed having a bigger kitchen to cook dinner in.  I love cooking for my girl and our friends. We have three bedrooms and two full baths. One of the rooms we turned in our office for the business and the other is a guest room until we have a baby.  The home is three levels with an unfinished basement.  



One of the great things about living in North Ogden is that we are right next to the beautiful mountains! Sunset makes those mountains glow and it is so majestic.  We have a lot of trails near our home which we have yet to explore. We have been very blessed to become great friends with people that live in this area.  We spend a lot of time hanging out, barbecuing, talking etc. It has been very nice to meet people who have your back 110%, people we can talk openly to about anything and feel comfortable, and most of all are very happy for us and excited for our future together and tell us that!  

Our future excites us!  We control our success, our happiness, our attitude. I am a firm believer in the 3 C's of life.  Choices, Chances, Changes.  You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change. We want to be successful in our business and we are making it happen.  We want to be happy; so everyday we remind each other and ourselves how blessed we are.  When things get tough or we've had a bad day we have to decide if we want it to ruin our day or change our attitude and turn the day around.  Sometimes that is extremely difficult! But its always better than not.  

I love my girl! I love our pups! I love the child that is waiting in heaven for us! I love our friends! Life is beautiful and good because we have been blessed along with the choice to make it that way. So if you are reading this, just remember...

You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change!

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing, and I love your outlook on life. I am so excited for the amazing things you have going on! Your happiness makes me happy! I would love love love to get together sometime soon. It has been way too long! -Brooke-

    ReplyDelete